What is an Annuity?
An annuity is an insurance product that operates as a retirement vehicle designed to help people accumulate (save) money for their retirement and /or provide a guaranteed stream of income payments.
Why you should consider an Annuity?
Planning for retirement is one of the biggest challenges people are facing today. With concerns about Social Security and the decline of Corporate Pensions, many individuals will now need to rely on their own investments to build a comfortable retirement and protect themselves from outliving their assets.
Consider the Advantages and Concerns:
- An annuity will allow you to save money on a tax-deferred basis, so all your money can grow.
- In an annuity no taxes are due until you begin to withdraw your money.
- Retirement plans like IRA’s and 401(k), have limits on the amount of money you can contribute, unlike annuities have none.
- Social Security and Pensions may not be enough for your retirement.
- Annuities are long-termed financial contracts issued by insurance companies that can guarantee you payments for the rest of your life.
There are several different types of Annuities and they include: Immediate, Deferred, Fixed, Equity Index Annuities, and Variable Annuities. To fully understand which type of an annuity may be appropriate for you, and how annuities should be a part of your retirement portfolio, please give us a call at 813-909-HELP (4357) or click here.